Our client, a leading provider of asset finance and consumer lending, has an immediate opening for an ALM Manager to join the business. The ALM Manager will report to the Head of Treasury and ALM and will work as part of the finance team, running and developing the local Asset Liability Management function.
The successful applicant will be responsible for;
- Measuring and controlling the structural balance sheet, funding, market and liquidity risks, in accordance with the risk appetite, policies strategies and future plans set by the Board
- Managing, monitoring and controlling the reporting that covers the various risks and issues that fall under the control and supervision of liquidity and funding, interest rate and counterparty credit risks.
- Assisting in the development and deployment of strategies designed to mitigate these risks.
- Assisting in shaping the liquidity reserve structure in order the meet company objectives (low finance risks, business continuity under stress scenario and compliance with regulatory ratios).
- Monitoring and reviewing performance against the approved local and group ILAAP benchmarks and escalating issues where necessary.
- Support of local ILAAP and prepare corresponding regulatory submissions.
- Preparing MI reports to local ALCO and Group Finance Committee.
- Liaising with local 2nd line risk, HQ ALM, Treasury and relevant Finance and Risk functions.
- Back up of the Head of Treasury and ALM in relevant subject matters.
The successful applicant will demonstrate;
- In depth knowledge and proven history of liquidity risk management and stress testing
- Proven experience of working in Treasury, ALM, or Risk function
- Working knowledge of financial modelling and building asset and liability models in simulation packages or advanced EXCEL.
- Bachelor in Masters Degree in Finance, Banking or Mathematics / Statistics
If you wish to learn more about this position and you demonstrate the required skills and experience then please apply now.